In the story Midnight Summers Dream, I didnt quite
understand the way that the characters spoke cause it was weird... to me. But Ive
understood it a lot more since then. When we got to the end of the book I change my thoughts toward the book which were" This is old,boring, and not understandable." Then I tried a method, which I do a lot in English class. Instead I tried to listen with more of an understanding of how they spoke.
So it seemed like they were speaking like the way I do instead of "Shakespearian." But I understood it even more when we saw the movie. The imigery of the book gave me more of an understanding of what was going on. People sometimes say thet the book was better than the movie whn they get out of a theater. But in this case, I think the movie was better because you can see what is going. I would be satisfied by getting to see a play of his to understand what he is trying to show by making it.
We recently started Romeo and Juliet. Personally, I think
this play by Shakespear is better. I understand this play more than the last one we read. Maybe it is because we can kind somewhat understand it more because it is a simple love story of people that are our age, or cloce. I think that I'll enjoy this book better. NOTW
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment